Connecting to wireless router may be sometimes essential to update the router configuration. To connect to wireless router, You are required to know the router’s IP Address and its Admin Login Username & Password.
As said earlier its essential to find the IP of router before connecting to wireless router.
How To Find The IP Address of Router.
Check the Administrator Manual for the Default IP.
Open Command Prompt (Run>cmd), Then type in “ping -r 1 www.google.com” (without Quotes) The IP Returned (i.e Reply From…xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is the IP of the router.
Most Routers have the default Internal IP Address as ‘192.168.1.1’.
Go to either of the following sites and search your Router model and you will get the default Admin Username & Password required for connecting to wireless router.
Connecting To Wireless Router.
Before connecting to wireless router first of all make sure you have connected the Computer to the Router via Ethernet Cable or any other means.
- Open a Web Browser.
- Type in http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ in the Address Bar and Replace the xxx with your IP Address you found in the above steps.
- Hit Enter or Press Go.
- If the request was successful, You will be prompted to enter your Administrator Login details. You can find your Admin details in the Admin manual OR use the above methods to find it.
- After entering the Admin login change or configure the settings.
Tips For Security While Connecting To Wireless Router.
- Always keep your Admin password Secured & don’t disclose it to anyone.
- After installing the Wireless Router, Make sure you change the Default Password & set up a strong password.
- Install all the security softwares like Antivirus & Firewall.
So That was a really quick guide on connecting to wireless router. Hope you found it useful. Make sure you share this Quick Guide with your facebook friends.