There is a new Facebook Spam spreading virally through the walls.
This Spam posts a video on your wall which is posted by a friend of yours who is infected with the Spam.
The Spam Video Post on Your Wall Looks like This:
What Happens When You Click The Facebook Spam Video?
When you click on the video, Instead of playing it on your wall, It redirects you to a FAKE BBC Page (Image Below), Which has a FAKE Youtube Video Player embedded.
When you click the video, There are two things that happen.
- You will be presented with tons of Online Surveys which is to be filled in to qualify for the video viewing. NEVER FILL IN THOSE SURVEYS.
- While you are busy filling the survey, Your friendlist will be completely spammed with the video on their walls.
What Will Happen If I Mistakenly Click the Video?
- You will be spamming your friends.
- Excessive spamming might lead to our facebook account being suspended.
- The fake video pages might be infected with malwares.
- If the page asks you for login credentials, Then it is a Phishing Page and will steal your username password.
I Mistakenly Clicked The Video!! What Should I Do?
- Remove the video from your wall.
- Unlike any page which were asked to like during the process of spam.
- Remove any apps which you allowed access to while dealing with the spam.
- Alert your friends by updating your status OR Share this post with your friends by Just clicking the Like Button and Tweet Button.
- Read These Posts and do as I have stated in them
Share this post with your friends on Facebook and Alert them.