Most of the webmasters today use a Shared Hosting Service for hosting their websites or blogs. Shared hosting is a very good option for newbies to Website Making and for small website owners. But you need to know that on a shared hosting service there are many other websites using your resources and this is bad for a Professional website. This post will teach you how to find other websites using your shared server and utilizing the resources.
On a shared web hosting the host assigns each of the website a space on their HDD and all the websites have to share the same HDD Space,RAM,Bandwidth. This is why you might be experiencing frequent downtimes on your website, This happens when the other website utilizes a major part of the server resources assigned to all the websites.
How to Find the Websites Hosted on Your Shared Server?
- Go to this website [LINK].
- In the Remote Address box enter your Domain Name
- Now click Check.
- This will show you the result with the Address of all the other website (including yours) hosted on your same server.
- Now you need to sort out the types of websites and their popularity manually, If its a popular website with huge amount of traffic then probably thats the one causing you the downtime.
- You can then request your host to move your website to another rack.
- They will probably do it for you for free.
If You Liked the Post Then Click the like Button and Subscribe to Our Newsletter for More