There is a small bug in the latest Avira Free Antivirus 10, The auto update in the configuration does not work in windows. This results in failed updates and we have to update it manually everyday.
However there is an alternative to the auto update in the config tab. We can set up a new Scheduled Job in the antivirus for auto updates.
- Double Click the Avira icon from the Notification are in the taskbar.
- Click Administration > Scheduler. Then click New Job.
- Enter in any name and description like Auto Update etc.
- Select Job Type as Update job.
- Select the Schedule as Daily and set any time and Tick the box labelled:”Repeat job if time has expired”.
Now the Automatic Updates will be enabled and you dont have to fear about non updates.