After the launch of Google+ , Google has been redesigning almost all of its products starting from the Google Homepage to the latest Gmail and now the Youtube. Some of these redesigns are released in beta and not publicly applied unless enough feedback is returned. So recently Google has redesigned the Youtube and its looking amazing (Coool 😉 ).
Read on to find out how to activate it on your PC or if you wish to revert it, The same can be read here in the coming points. Remember that unlike the Gmail’s redesign, Youtube design is not account specific atleast as of now. So you need not be logged into test the new Youtube design.
How to Activate New Youtube Design
Step 1. Open Youtube Homepage [LINK].
Step 2 A] If you are using Mozilla Firefox browser, Then follow the below steps.
- Press Ctlr + Shift + K to open the Web Console of Firefox.
- Paste the following Script in the Console box.
- Press Enter.
Step 2 B] If you are using Google Chrome browser, Then follow the below steps.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + J to open the Developer Tools of Chrome.
- Paste the following script in the Developer Tools box.
- Press Enter.
Step 2 C] If you are using Opera Browser, then follow these steps.
- Open Settings > Preferences > Advanced > Cookies > Manage Cookies.
- Search for VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE
- Press Edit > Change the value to ST1Ti53r4fU
- Save it.
Step 3. Close the Console Box or Developer Tools and Refresh the page to get the new Youtube Design.
How to Deactivate New Youtube Design
Since the Youtube design is based on Cookies and not account specific, You just have to clear your cookies to get rid of the new design.
To clear cookies in any browser, Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete then tick the Cookies checkbox and Clear the cookies.
If you want to keep the New Youtube Design as the permanent one but are using some Temporary Files cleaning tools like CCleaner then you will have to add exception to the Youtube Cookies to keep the design permanent unless Google decides to launch it publicly.
Possible Errors and Solutions
If you are getting the following error in the console or developer tools when entering the code, Try the following solutions.
- Try this script instead of the one given above
- Clear the Cookies,Cache,Site preferences and all of the browser before trying the script.
- Click on Clear Log in the Console or Developer Tool before entering the script.
To Add Youtube Cookie Exception to CCleaner.
- Open CCleaner
- Click Options
- Click on Cookies Tab
- Search for youtube and select the cookie and click on the > icon to add it as exception.
There are more Youtube Gems hidden under the hood of Youtube Test Arena, To unlock all the gems visit Youtube Test Tube page. You will see many more hidden youtube features like Youtube Cosmic Panda etc. Note: Cosmic Panda is not to be confused with the Youtube New Design.
Source : Lifehacker
Join our Facebook Fanpage to stay updated on similar topics.
If you liked the article share it with your friends. We welcome your comments.