Validating your theme not only affects your wordpress performance but also decreases your blog load time and affects SEO.Invalidated themes also impact your search engine performance in negative way also rides away valuable readers due to increased load time. Here I will tell you the way to validate your theme to correct the above problems.
How to Validate Your Theme CSS.
- Open your webhost filemanager and open the file containing your CSS.
- Copy the whole file.
- Open this site [W3C CSS VALIDATOR]
- Paste the CSS in the field provided.
- Click Check.
- You will get the validated CSS output below the errors shown (if any).
- Paste the validated css back to the filemanager file and save.
How to Validate Your Theme HTML.
Validating your HTML is not as easy as Validating CSS because you do not get a validated output which you can just copy and paste in case of wordpress.
- Open this site [W3C MARKUP VALIDATION]
- Paste your blog URL in the field.
- Press check.
- Note down any errors and correct them by going to the appropriate widgets or files from the filemanager and dashboard.
This way you can be sure that your wordpress blog is setup according to the W3C standards and Search Engines love the validated blogs. Share your views and fixes for any errors you found.