As you might know twitter has changed and the New Twitter System is better with new Oauth Authorization system which is good for twitter application users since they no longer need to provide their passwords to use external apps on their twitter account.
Now coming back to our topic! Twitter is good for Webmasters to gain lots of traffic to their blogs. This fact alone urges webmasters to setup a different twitter account (even I own one follow me @hacktabs) for their blog. This is a good path since it wont clutter your personal friends and family members and you would be able to manage your blog posts on twitter.
But along the way you may follow many users who might be inactive or spam accounts. This is bad for your twitter account since it would reduce your twitter reputation among other genuine users.
The new twitter does not allow mass unfollows on your accounts and has banned many applications claiming to do so. But in case your account has 100s of spam users then you might want to use such an app. After lots of gooooogling I found one such app. Most of the spam accounts wont follow you back or might unfollow you when you follow them back. This post will deal with such accounts.
How to Mass Unfollow Non-Followers on New Twitter.
- Go to this link and Click ‘Connect to Twitter’ [LINK].
- Login to your Twitter Account.
- Authorize the Application.
- After that Click Not Following Back and Click Expand.
- Select the Accounts which you want to unfollow.
- Click UnFollow Selected. (You might want to Deselect Verified Accounts with the Tab below the Unfollow Selected).
- Repeat the above steps with Inactive and No Profile Image Tabs.
The above steps will help you get rid of Spam or Fake Accounts on twitter.
Share your views on the topic via your comments!