The ‘New iPad’ made its first appearance to public in the Apple Launch Event! Yeah didn’t you see the Quotes beside New iPad? Thats the name of the new ipad.. Damn! Wonder what will they call the next version.. Newer ipad?:P
Well getting back to the topic, Most of the rumored features of iPad has come alive after its launch. Its quite surprising to see this, Rumored features getting actual in an Apple product!
Getting into the features.
The New iPad Features.
1. Retina display
The Retina Display introduces 4 Times the pixels available in the iPad 2. Which means the New iPad features a high-definition screen with 2048 x 1536 resolution which delivers Crystal Clear text.
2. A5X chip with quad-core graphics
The A5X chip runs four times faster than NVIDIA’s Tegra 3. That’s perfec for gaming and processor-intensive apps like iMovie. This is a dual-core processor with a quad-core graphics processing unit.
3. 5MP iSight camera
The New iPad includes a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera that utilizes the same optics system thats present in the iPhone 4S. The front-facing camera remains 0.3 megapixel camera capable of VGA quality images (Pretty Unimpressive).
4. 1080p video recording
Full HD video recording with 1080p is available on the new iPad, with video stabilization and noise reduction.
5. Voice dictation
This is the Siri alternative for iPad. Voice dictation understands English, Japanese, German and French.
6. 4G LTE
4G LTE will be available in the US from both AT&T and Verizon. The speeds are whooping upto 73Mbps!
7. Battery Life
The new iPad has the similar Battery life of 10 Hours but a Jaw Dropping 9 Hours on 4G :O
8. Carrier Supports
The new iPad will be available on Verizon, AT&T, Rogers, Bell and Telus. Also Schiller says there will be two versions of the iPad, one for AT&T and one for Verizon.
The New Apple iPad Price.
The New Apple iPad is priced at $499, $599, and $699 for 16, 32, and 64GB.
$629, $729, and $829 with 4G
The Pre-Order is currently available and will be shipped on March 16th 2012.
Apple iPad iPhoto Features.
Along with the other announcements, Apple released iPhoto for iOS. Here are the quick features.
- iPhoto lets you do more than the built-in editing tools. You get “Smart Browsing,” Multi-Touch editing, new effects and brushes.
- iPhoto can “beam” photos between iOS devices with a new feature called Photo Beaming. There’s also a new feature called Photo Journals that lets you share groups of photos with people.
- The app can find similar photos for you when you double tap on something. Useful for getting through big libraries.
- Works with up to 19 megapixel photos.
- Has usual iPhoto-like features, like flagging and sharing. Can send shots to Twitter and Facebook.
- There’s an auto-enhance feature. It also has a built-in horizon fixing tool when you’re cropping something.
- You can also touch the photo to darken or lighten things.
- a white balance tool that will fix your shots based on wherever you press on the screen. There’s a neat loupe to go with that where you can zero in on the group of pixels you want.
iPad 2 to Stay and Gets Cheap.
Along with the new iPad, we’re going to keep the iPad 2 in the line, Schiller said.
The iPad 2 has gotten cheap and now start at $399. (Thats a huge drop in price). Apple will offer the iPad 2 in two configurations, the $399 price is for the 16GB Wi-Fi only model. The 16GB Wi-Fi and 3G model will be priced at $529.The colors remain same, i.e black or white.
Apple TV Update Coming to Older Devices.
Apple announced its third-generation Apple TV at the event in San Francisco. The new Apple TV features the same physical dimensions as the second generation Apple TV but supports 1080p video. There is also iCloud integration with Apple TV.
Apple iOS 5.1 Arrived.
Also another important announcement was the iOS 5.1 which introduces the Apple Siri in Japan.
That was it for the quick sum of the Apple iPad Event. Hope you all liked it. Share your views about the ‘New iPad’.