The Amazon Prime price hike has created a huge impact on Online Shoppers, Many are wondering if its worth the extra bucks you have to pay. The subscription was $79 previously and now it has been hiked to $99, a straight up $20 hike.
But as always the internet comes to rescue and lets you secure another year of Amazon Prime Subscription at $79. The method was posted by a SlickDeals user (credits at the end) and involves ending your Amazon Subscription Auto-renew and purchasing a gift membership at the current price for Amazon Prime. But instead of having the gift card delivered the day you order it, you schedule its delivery for the day after your Amazon Prime subscription expires.
- Disable Amazon Prime Auto-renew.
- Purchase Amazon Prime Gift Membership.
1. Disable Amazon Prime Auto-Renew.
Step 1. Login to your Amazon account, Click on Your Prime > Manage Prime Membership.
Step 2. On the left hand sidebar, Take a note of the date when your subscription ends (copy it to a notepad) then click on the link that reads End Membership.
Step 3. On the next screen, again click on End Membership button.
Step 4. Click on the End on date button. Where date will be the date when your subscription ends.
2. Purchase Amazon Prime Gift Membership.
Step 1. Visit the following link : Amazon Prime Gift and click on the Add Prime to Cart button.
Step 2. The price should be $79, click on Proceed to Checkout.
Step 3. You will be asked to enter:
- Recipient’s Email – Enter your own email id here, the one associated with the Amazon account will do just fine.
- Delivery Date – Enter the date after the day when your current Prime subscription ends. Example : Your current subscription ends on November 16th 2014. So you will enter your November 17th 2014 as the delivery date.
Step 4. Click on Continue > Place your order at $79 + tax.
Now you have successfully bought another year of Amazon Prime Subscription at the usual rate of $79.
Credits : SlickDeals
If the guide worked for you, share it with your friends and help them save a few bucks. Just click on the Facebook, Twitter or Google+ button to share.