Today (Wednesday) Google and Samsung launched the latest Android Operating System named Android Ice Cream Sandwich and Samsung Galaxy Nexus at Hong Kong.
The new Android version on the Samsung phone has a load of great features and utilities, This post will show you an overview of the features embedded in the Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Android Ice Cream Sandwich could be a real game changer after all the previous androids! This OS was one of the most awaited release of this year after the iPhone 5 (which turned out to be iPhone 4S) We had previously written about a rumor revolving around this Operating System.
Features of Android Ice Cream Sandwich with Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
- Face detection replaces the earlier Password system, Which makes the phone more secure and personalized.
- Hardware keys are replaced by the phones OS Keys and the Fonts and Display has been improvised to suit HD viewing also the keyboard has been modified.
- Nexus Prime has a 4.65-inch display and LTE, runs one of the fastest 4G networks in the world and has a dual core 1.2ghz processor.
- The improved camera has the following features
- Zero Shutter Lag.
- Takes low-light photos.
- Stitches together images into seamless panoramas.
- Shoots 1080p, time-lapsed video.
- Instant editing options such as removing red eye, adding a “hipster” filter or cropping.
- Phone shows stats of every app from the byte level usage of the application, Good to know data sucking applications and possible memory hogs.
- New data sharing feature, Android Beam allows two android users to share the files by just bumping your phone against other android phone.
- Google Calender and Gmail has new UI and is cored into the Operating System.
- The People’s feature allows contacts to be linked to all of their social profiles.
- Multitasking is a feature which ought to be there 😉
When & Where will it be Available?
Developers can download the SDK starting immediately. The phone will ship to the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia in November.
Source : Mashable