Google’s Indian branch has come up with a great news for Indian businesses, Today Google partnering with Hostgator has come up with an initiative to offer free websites with Free Domain and Hosting to SMB’s(Small and Medium Businesses) in India.
This initiative is named ‘India, Get Your Business Online’, would provide Indian businesses tools and resources to establish a website, find new customers, and grow their businesses. India is the nineteenth country where Google has launched the service.
According to Rajan Anandan (Managing Director and Vice President of Google India Sales and Operations) “The initiative aims to break the barriers that stop small businesses from going online by offering quick, easy and free tools to set up and host a website,”
According to Google, India is home to an estimated eight million SMBs, but only about 400,000 have websites. With this initiative, Google aims to bring online atleast 500,000 more SMB’s within the next 3 Years.
The partners of this wonderful initiative includes, Google,Hostgator India,ICICI and FISME.
What Indian SMB’s will Get with this.
- Free: It’s free to set up your website. The domain is free for 1 year, and it’s free to maintain your website for 12 months.
- Quick: The website tool takes 15 minutes from sitting down to being found online
- Easy: You don’t need to be a tech whiz to get started. All you need to start is your address, phone number, TAN/CIN or PAN to verify you as a business
- The website is simple because customers are looking for simple information online
- Gives you your own .in domain
- Other features include photos/logos, integration with social media platforms
- You get a Google Apps account – free personalised email ids
- If you want to make your website work harder, you’ll have access to steady stream of free tips and tools from the Getting Indian Business Online team and a free coupon of worth Rs. 2500 INR advertising trial from Google AdWords to help promote your site.
- After the first year, SMBs can choose to pay a monthly pay-as-you-go to maintain their website using hostgator.
- At the end of the first year, they’ll have to pay a nominal charge if they wish to renew their domain name. They can cancel their website at any time.
How to Signup and Get Website with Free Domain and Hosting.
- PAN Card (Permanent Account Number)
- Tax Papers
Step 1. Head on to IndiaGetOnline.
Step 2. Click ‘Yes, I want my Free Website!’
Step 3. Enter the domain name that you want to register. Domain name will be the name of your site eg. www.hacktabs.com is my domain name. Mostly it would be your companyname but you are free to choose any and check if its available. After that if its available Click Next and proceed.
Step 4.Fill in the Business information and Login details of your site along with Email and Password. (Choose a strong password)
Step 5. You will be guided with any further steps and your Login Details and other info will be mailed to you on the provided email address.
Note: The site might seem to be slow loading or may send a blank page. So always use a form filler like RoboForm to fill in the form details so as to avoid re typing the details again.
How to Access Free Website Support.
After or when you are creating the website, You may use Hostgators free Support and they will guide you through the process smoothly! Read my personal review of Hostgator.
You can contact Hostgator Support any time here. If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org Or call them over toll-free at: 1800-266-3000.
Important Notes :
- You will get a .in Domain not a .com or .org.
- The offer will prevail for only 1 Year after that you are free to continue the services you chose by paying or can easily opt out.
- The hostgator support should be contacted in case you have any queries.
Share this news with your friends and let others know who may be interested in coming online with their business.