Every blog is fitted with a search bar to help its readers navigate the site via keyword inputs. Many blogs design their own search codes for their search bars which are customized to their needs.
I prefer google search more than customized searches for 2 reasons.
- Google Custom Search integrates Adsense ads.
- Google Custom Search has an option to display results out of your site.
Now, on close observation we can see that google in itself provides many customizartions like background color etc. BUT these customizations are limited in case of Adsense integration. You just get a plain code with a watermarked logo of google in it. This logo might be irritating for hard core customization. so lets remove the watermark logo and style the search bar.
- Now this is the line where the search bar calls for the watermark from this URL:
- Now copy the whole page , paste it in a notepad and save it as “anyname.js”. Replace the watermark URL with your customized Image URL and save it and upload it to your server.
- Now open the code you obtained from the google custom search, and replace the following link with the path of the”anyname.js”.
- You can make other customizations like border color etc from the .js file you created by using search and replace tool.
If you have any queries just leave a comment below or use the Contact Page.